Followers

Saturday 11 August 2012

Post card from Suffolk

I have just purchased some Creative Expressions stamps, having admired from a distance I thought YES it's time I jumped in!  I wanted some Christmassy stamps, and purchased " Christmas Post " as I might use these for my bulk card making challenge, sometime after the new baby has arrived!  We are all on tenderhooks for the arrival!! (Due Monday) Anyway, this time I used my WOW embossing powder to cover a circle of cardboard with a lovely white layer,  then my clear embossing powder to give some depth,  I did about 4 layers.

Then with the staz on inkpad made the beautiful scenic impression while still warm.  I then gave it a bit of a thumping to make it crackle!! Well I wasn't being too hard on it... I used the lovely Post Card stamp and versamark, again using my white WOW embossing powder,  and also used it around the edge of the pretty layer.  This layer was cut with my Cricut. I made my own washi tape, colouring with Promarkers (all my Copics come on Monday, OMG! watch out for soooooo much colouring in!!! I hope the baby has arrived or is late!  See above note about due date : ) ) and stamped the seasons greetings stamp randomly with distress inks.

The whole lot was mounted onto a black card base...

Well what do you think?


Thanks to my Mum I have some wonderful vintage cotton lace,  I couldn't bear to colour it,  so it's as is.
 I am entering this challenge:

Thank you for stopping by  xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful festive card Lizzy, love the image and all the texture. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Going Round In Circles challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Lizzy, love the design, thanks for joining us at MMCS. Joey x

    ReplyDelete